djbozkosz

Boz Mod

well' date=' actually i already have blood, night lights, new explosions and more from Boz demo :) [/quote']

heh ;D

Can we expect a "beta"? or any ETA? :D

I don't know when, I haven't got some time to working on it at the weekdays, because I have to write school projects (some algorithmic list functions in C language, display controlling in VHDL and script interpreter). Deadline is comming.

I have to say, you're doing an incredible job, it makes me want to play Mafia I all over again when you complete this mod. :)

Very excited to see all of this completed. 8)

I have to say, you're doing an incredible job, it makes me want to play Mafia I all over again when you complete this mod. :)

Very excited to see all of this completed. 8)

100% agree

Looking through your video's and screenshots.... 2 words: Holy Shit!

These improvements you are making just set an increddible atmosphere while even looking at it. I just love the autumn trees in the city with the yellow leaves on the road. bravo!

But also the rest of your improved plants look great, the reflection technique you are applying is clever, low demanding for PC's, and awesome looking! and the rest of the effects... I mean, screw enb series, this is a true visual improvement.

I second Mike Bruski, it really makes me want to play the game all over again with the new visuals and features.

I can't wait!

Btw, I do notice some diffrent projects like the improved graphics, factory mission, subway, and mountain passage. Are all these diffrent projects or will they be combined into one download?

Btw' date=' I do notice some diffrent projects like the improved graphics, factory mission, subway, and mountain passage. Are all these diffrent projects or will they be combined into one download?[/quote']

Thanks a lot Mr Robville, your Titanic is amazing too :)

These projects like mountain, factory, subway, etc... will be both in the Boz Mod.

Unfortunately, I haven't got a lot of time last two weeks to working on it (I have to do some projects and learn to midterm exams to school), but I'm still trying implement some new things.

Tomorrow, I'm writing a little manual, how to create valid destroyable object (like. phone box, explosive barrel, etc...) with own new model (Zmodeler, hex and MWE are needed).

Then, I'm writing (when I have some free time) a new editor, like: 4ds manager, glow / bbrd / sector / morph / human converter both. With this tool you can access every value in every model. Now I have implemented opening all object types (about 10 types) - this is the hardest step, because I had to decoded whole structure of 4ds.

Oh whow, that sounds very interesting and helpfull!

Does the human converter mean you can import your own created and rigged characters ingame?

There already was a method before of placing new NPC's ingame, but the models could not be rigged, resulting in that the arms and legs had to be seperate objects in order to be able to move. And this caused some visible cracks in the model.

I'm glad we got you on the modding community, I was affraid all programmers were long gone (not talking about mafiascripters of course ;) )

Btw, I have sent you a PM regarding a certain question :)

Btw' date=' I have sent you a PM regarding a certain question :) [/quote']

Sorry, but nothing from you arrived to my inbox ???

Only from user called hdmaster.

what the... the message is gone from my sent items list... damnit, it took me a while to write that.

Do you have an email adres I could use? I guess I cannot trust the PM system here.

what the... the message is gone from my sent items list... damnit, it took me a while to write that.

Do you have an email adres I could use? I guess I cannot trust the PM system here.

I always copy long messages i send, stick them on your pc until you get a reply :)

Yeah I usually do that aswell, but the message got sent so I guessed I didn't need the backup anymore.

Guess that didn't do the trick. I have to be even more carefull!

Yeah I usually do that aswell, but the message got sent so I guessed I didn't need the backup anymore.

Guess that didn't do the trick. I have to be even more carefull!

lol yep

I sent my email address to you in PM. Or my email is on my webpage at the bottom (as picture).

I summarized (in Czech) description of my Boz Mod on my website: http://www.djbozkosz.wz.cz/index.php?id=modding/boz_mod.

Here is English translation:

Overall changes in Freeride:

[ul]

[li]reworked freeride scipts: speeding, gun shop[/li]

[li]light auto-health[/li]

[li]camera fov - for better acceleration and brake effect in the car[/li]

[li]jump out of the car[/li]

[li]photomode - custom camera set, save camera, etc.[/li]

[li]dynamic weather and day cycle, sun ray effect, volumetric lights[/li]

[li]reflective water - Water Shader (special thanks: MR F) + own water with sun reflection[/li]

[li]reflective road[/li]

[li]water isn't deadly now[/li]

[li]draw distance is increased to three kilometers[/li]

[li]sparial grass and other vegetation[/li]

[li]work on road, common jumping platforms[/li]

[li]various types of missions: action from Salieri, something with cars from Lucas[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

Changes in Freeride: City:

[ul]

[li]new locations: Salieri's bar, Morello's bar, Italian Garden, Bertone's service, Tommy's house, aisle from Running Man mission, factory from Just For Relaxation mission (available in mission), etc.[/li]

[li]cars on every car parks, some park are secured[/li]

[li]subway - is linked on the old elevated railroad, from Winslet Ave in Little Italy over train station in Works Quarter, under harbor to Municipal Building in Central Island, then over Downtown to church in Oakwood and to Market Ave in Hoboken[/li]

[li]countryside as background[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

Changes in Freeride: Countryside:

[ul]

[li]new locations: Clarks Motel, meadows and fields which were unavailable before - around motel, farms and behind rest stop, road to the hill in the center of coutryside, hole near downhill from big bridge, Deadfall Pass - pass behind the dam, road around vineyards - both are conversions from PlayStation 2 game version[/li]

[li]new city and countryside as background, patches in countryside - new forests, etc.[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

Changes which are visible in whole game:

[ul]

[li]high resolution ground textures[/li]

[li]HD trees + mipmapping[/li]

[li]mipmapping for all buildings in the city[/li]

[li]enhanced reflection for all cars[/li]

[li]some more modified textures (blood, glows, particle effects, etc.)[/li]

[li]inproved gun sounds, glass sounds, etc.[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

I summarized (in Czech) description of my Boz Mod on my website: http://www.djbozkosz.wz.cz/index.php?id=modding/boz_mod.

Here is English translation:

Overall changes in Freeride:

[ul]

[li]reworked freeride scipts: speeding, gun shop[/li]

[li]light auto-health[/li]

[li]camera fov - for better acceleration and brake effect in the car[/li]

[li]jump out of the car[/li]

[li]photomode - custom camera set, save camera, etc.[/li]

[li]dynamic weather and day cycle, sun ray effect, volumetric lights[/li]

[li]reflective water - Water Shader (special thanks: MR F) + own water with sun reflection[/li]

[li]reflective road[/li]

[li]water isn't deadly now[/li]

[li]draw distance is increased to three kilometers[/li]

[li]sparial grass and other vegetation[/li]

[li]work on road, common jumping platforms[/li]

[li]various types of missions: action from Salieri, something with cars from Lucas[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

Changes in Freeride: City:

[ul]

[li]new locations: Salieri's bar, Morello's bar, Italian Garden, Bertone's service, Tommy's house, aisle from Running Man mission, factory from Just For Relaxation mission (available in mission), etc.[/li]

[li]cars on every car parks, some park are secured[/li]

[li]subway - is linked on the old elevated railroad, from Winslet Ave in Little Italy over train station in Works Quarter, under harbor to Municipal Building in Central Island, then over Downtown to church in Oakwood and to Market Ave in Hoboken[/li]

[li]countryside as background[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

Changes in Freeride: Countryside:

[ul]

[li]new locations: Clarks Motel, meadows and fields which were unavailable before - around motel, farms and behind rest stop, road to the hill in the center of coutryside, hole near downhill from big bridge, Deadfall Pass - pass behind the dam, road around vineyards - both are conversions from PlayStation 2 game version[/li]

[li]new city and countryside as background, patches in countryside - new forests, etc.[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

Changes which are visible in whole game:

[ul]

[li]high resolution ground textures[/li]

[li]HD trees + mipmapping[/li]

[li]mipmapping for all buildings in the city[/li]

[li]enhanced reflection for all cars[/li]

[li]some more modified textures (blood, glows, particle effects, etc.)[/li]

[li]inproved gun sounds, glass sounds, etc.[/li]

[li]...[/li][/ul]

Cool! Is the release date soon so?

Happy Christmas