MetalCat

MAFIA II - melee weapons

Welcome back Andrashi! We've waited a while to see you here, thank you so very much for joining this site, I will also say that I love the ROTH mod, fantastic work.

to bad it don't work

my PC just don't start the game

E? WTF? That is bad... Very bad...It works for me perfectly...Why?

Now I lost all my save game and i have to reinstall the game

By the way why redone the ([glow=red,2,300] Launcher[/glow] )?

Sorry, sorry, buddy...But, you have to backup files...And I donÃâôtÃâà know why launcher. It works for me and SuperMcTiger (Mafia1860) told me: "IIt goes well with the normal version I tested, But only V1.0"

Save game must be in:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\2K Games\Mafia II

Isnt they...If yes, just backup and reinstal...Or better, maybe is there anybody who can send you original files. I have only these ones...

Yes it works on V1.0. ;)

EDIT: it would have to go even if they only "material" Exchange folders.

Thank you, andrashi... We will take care of it...

People! I will throw here link to our melee weapons, so if you find something interesting, post it here...

http://www.ulozto.sk/11456782/miimwlua-rar

Cool!!! I'll try it!

But first, backup your files!!!

Yeah, I did. But I deleted my Mafia anyways, gotta reinstall, since mine is updated anyway. But this is really amazing. I hope this will work with updated Mafia II in the future, because then we can't play JA.

Just tried it - I'm impressedÃâà :o We can't fully use them, but you can say this mod is in Beta! :)

That is...I have gave here video...You can see that, you cannot use them...

Just tried it - I'm impressedÃâà :o We can't fully use them, but you can say this mod is in Beta! :)

That is...I have gave here video...You can see that, you cannot use them...

Yeah I know :) Hey, MetalCat, will it work on updated Mafia 2 later?

Update

Making melee weapons fully working via their respective weapons/items is in my opinion highly unprobable.

I downloaded Skidrow version for research purposes (I have my own legal copy of Special Extended Edition).Ãâà Applied mafiaII.exe and free ride from you guys, SuperMcTiger/MetalCat. Other other files from your package were not used.

Results of experiments unfortunately confirm my theories. Melee weapons are taken as normal weapon slots. That means you can for example change "Pendrek" (baton) into Thompson1928 and it will work (only the HUD icon of the baton stays). However, I haven't found a way how to force the engine into accepting these items as melee weapons.

Table entry "Prazdne ruce" ("Empty hands") in human_items and for example table entry "Pendrek" ("Baton") in the same table have the exactly same flag bits - only the one is set, and that is "small firearm". Yes, "Prazdne ruce" has "small firearm" flag set. Surprisingly, police does not recognize "Prazdne ruce" as an offence and there is no ammo counter visible when player has "Prazdne ruce" as a currently held weapon. On the other hand, Baton is recognized as a "small firearm" and has ammo counter visible. That means human item of index 0 (Prazdne ruce) is treated somehow special by Mafia II engine, whereas melee weapons are treated as standard weapon-type items.

Conclusion is not pleasant - this way of restoring melee weapons would be the best, but unfortunately, we cannot do it unless somebody reverse-engineers MafiaII.exe and changes/writes in some neccessary code.

Making melee weapons somehow working via LUA scripting is plausible.

The key is this LUA command: SetAnimStyle(selector, AnimSet)

There is OnEvent in Freeride, which is triggered each time some event calls. One of the events is "push the enemy" event (so far I don't know exactly how to detect it).

If we find how to detect the "Push the enemy" event, then we can add multi-choice menu (similar to police bribing menu) and according to the chosen response we can change Vito's moveset and damage multiplier to fake a selected melee weapon. Big issue of this way is no model of the wepon being present in hands. However that can by maybe cicuuvised by using RegisterActorItem(float, float) and ActorItemToHands (UNTESTED SO FAR) Question is wheter is is doable.

Andrashi

Update

Another update, mainly focused on the matter of Actor entities.

Melee duel with "invisible cold weapons" was sucessfully emulated via Lua scripting. Still pretty basic, but looks OK nevertheless.

"Actor item" mechanics were looked into. So far no success, but interesting discoveries. In Mafia II, designer defines actors (entities to be used) in the "Actors" file in the *.SDS. Actors can be:

[ul]

[*]Script

[*]Human entity

[*]Item entity

[*]Particle entity

[/ul]

Counting out Script and Particle entities, Human and Item "actors" are referencing actual models i.e. "CITGA3" (regular gangster from his .sds file) or "Palka" (baseball bat from weapons.sds file). Actor has its unique name given by the designer and contains the name of the referenced model as well (duh).

In Lua scripting, actors are then referenced by their name. That is why are mission-specific enemy entities referenced in Lua scripts by strange names. So when for example "sp1d0" (fictional name) is called, engine has it listed as a Human actor entity which references CITGA3 model. Thus such an actor is known and can be operated with (given weapons, set aggresivity etc).

Exact structure of actor profiles is so far not completely known due to low amount of time available for research. If anybody can fill us up (means if anybody already messed with Actors), it would be helpful. If structure of Actors profiles is decrypted, in theory we, modders, can start creating our own missions with unique mission specific NPCs. Of course so far only within freeraid_main.sds file.

As a side effect of this research, during the inspection of a file named something like "02-foundry.sds" (in "Script" folder), number of sc_ animations were found (these are the anims used with AnimPlay). From names of them it looks like one of my early theses is correct - instead of plain CrazyHorse destruction, there was probably (still not certain) supposed to be a large melee brawl, ending in a CrazyHorse destruction and Greasers packing off to foundry (where shootout occured).

Hi

I have not quite understood

but I know the name of the entity and the "StreamMapLine" has activated for:

-Entity arcade

-Entity Clemente slaughter

-Entity constructionsite

-Entity Distilery (B of Jimmy)

-Entity Fondry

nzmxl2.jpg

3468j1h.jpg

-Entity Chinese Restaurant

f2fd3.jpg

-Entity mansion

2zjgj2e.jpg

149cjno.jpg

-Entity Observatory

-Entity Prison

nlbviv.jpg

2ykzvnk.jpg

-Entity Sea Gift

-Entity Cathouse JA

-Entity supermarket JA

-Entity JA

6i76o9.jpg

2nv5v68.jpg

I would make a topic soon

That is progress... But as you can see, Vito own two knives and to fully function (I can not think of another word...) we have to own only one...I think, that he changed something like "Prazdne ruce" (fists) to "Knife"... I saw it once before... But thumb up B)

I asked him that he don̫̉t want to join our "team" B) and now I am waiting for a respond...Hope that he will accept... :S

Look what I found on Youtube it's an exclusive preview of the combat Mafia 2 directly from the developers at 2K I think that in fact the entire combat system was functional but the developers have changed the combat system so that it was not possible to get the full version of the game

There is

That video looked brill from the russion melee video, it appears as the days past the closer we're getting to the day of when Melee weapons will function once again in Mafia II. Thank you guys so much for everything you do thus far.

Bugs, bugs, bugs...For now, anyway ;-)

Mafia1860 found lots of animations of melee weapons and scripted it. Thank you ;) :

ply=game.game:GetActivePlayer()
ply:SetControlStyle(enums.ControlStyle.LOCKED)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:AnimPlay("35-CC_BIGHIT1-B", false)end,{l_1_0},100,1,false)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:AnimPlay("35-CC_BIGHIT1_DAMAGE-A", false)end,{l_1_0},2000,1,false)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:AnimPlay("35-CC_BIGHIT1_DAMAGE-B", false)end,{l_1_0},5000,1,false)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:AnimPlay("35-CC_BREATH-A", false)end,{l_1_0},8000,1,false)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:AnimPlay("35-CC_BREATH-B", false)end,{l_1_0},10000,1,false)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:AnimPlay("35-CC_EVADE_L-A", false)end,{l_1_0},12500,1,false)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:AnimPlay("35-CC_EVADE_L-B", false)end,{l_1_0},15000,1,false)
DelayBuffer:Insert(function(l_1_0)ply:SetControlStyle(enums.ControlStyle.FREE)end,{l_1_0},18500,1,false)

I like to watch the melee weapon anim video's, I really hope within 1-2 months from now we have a full on mod like the ROTH mod but with Melee weapons, for those of you that do not know the ROTH mod, it is by Andrashi it stands for Reminiscence Of The Hype Mod. If you wish to checkout the ROTH mod by Andrashi, click the link below...

Reminiscence of the hype V1.0