teisco

Car modding and painting

Real nice job on the dash of the 53', the UV's are apparently badly done on the interior, you would think the person that made the car would unwrap the dash properly.

What I do is a combination of real photos and some painting to merge them into the texture. I look for direct head on pictures of the dash and usually have to piece it together from seveal photos. So the gauges and emblems and knobs and such are real but the most of the dash and interior is still textured. The only way to get this much detail is to enlarge the mip texture to 2048 (from 512) and the non mip to half that. Might be a hit on some systems but I have not had any as yet. But if all cars had the large textures I am sure that cars like the corvette that are in traffic would cause a slowdown. Specialty cars that are not in general traffic are ok as there is only one on the road at a time.

By the way, is there a mod to put all cars in traffic?

You have to make a car change name, for one in the trafic, take your car name and replace it name like houston wasp and your car will replace the wasp on the street